Safety is the number one priority at Corporate Cleaning Services. Corporate Cleaning Services is committed to providing the highest level of safety available in our industry. We strive to achieve this goal in several ways. We are the only firm to employ a full-time Safety Director, a position devoted exclusively to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and the general public. All employees of Corporate Cleaning Services have successfully passed a drug test and background checks and are fully licensed, insured and bonded. The company complies with or exceeds all OSHA and other governmental regulations.
Employee Qualifications, Compliance & Training
Safety is our number one priority.
Our vision is to maintain a culture built on basic principles: Above all else, we value the safety of our employees. Our policies, procedures, training and operations are built on this vision.
Together, we commit to protect the safety, health and welfare of each other through consistent and deliberate adherence to our core principles. At Corporate Cleaning Services, we recognize that when it comes to safety, there is no finish line. We are in constant development of our technicians and training programs to ensure alignment with the evolution of regulations as well as trends within our industry. Safety is our primary goal and we pride ourselves in being innovators within the industry. Our proprietary training program, equipment technology, supervision and inspection programs are unmatched in our industry.
Programs Currently in place to ensure safety and compliance include:
- New Employee Orientation: All new employees are introduced to our safety program via written and verbal orientation.
- Task Specific Training Manual: Our proprietary training program is categorized by task specific chapters designed to provide progressive training via written materials, PowerPoint presentation, classroom training.
- All training is verified by written test, reviewed with each employee and rigorous field testing
- Site Specific Evaluation and Training: All job sites are evaluated prior to start. Jobsite Safety analysis reports are filed electronically and forwarded to clients.
- Manufacture’s Training: All employees are certified by the manufacturer for building owned equipment such as BMUs davit systems and Aerial lifts . Corporate Cleaning Services has partnered with Manufacturer’s such as Tractel, Pro-bel, Skyclimber to ensure equipment is uses in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications
- Scaffold/Competent person training: ALL Corporate Cleaning employers are certified in the use of Suspended Scaffolds and Competent person training as required by the City of Chicago.
- ALL employees are certified with OSHA 4 hour Fall Protection. This awareness course is designed for the at-risk employee. This training provides understanding of the OSHA Standard for fall protection and the methods available to control fall hazards. This course is a must for anyone working in an environment where fall hazards exist
- ALL employees are certified in OSHA 10 Construction as well. This is designed for skilled workers and employers on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of safety and health hazards in workplaces in the construction and service industry.
- ALL Supervisors and management are certified in OSHA 30 hour which is intended to ensure that workers and employers are more knowledgeable about workplace hazards and their rights, and contribute to the creation of a safe job environment.
- The 10-hour class is intended to provide workers with awareness of common job-related safety and health hazards, while the 30-hour class is more appropriate for supervisors or workers with some safety responsibility. Through this training, OSHA helps to ensure that workers are more knowledgeable about workplace hazards and their rights, and contribute to our nation's productivity.
- Pest Control: Corporate Cleaning Services also employs 2 pest control technicians certified by the Illinois Dept. of Public Health as required to apply pesticides on commercial buildings.
- On-site safety inspections: Inspections are performed by our Management staff frequently routinely. Safety inspections are distributed to the entire staff digitally and the results of all safety inspections are reviewed daily.
- Consultation: Corporate Cleaning Services has partnered with building owners, equipment manufacturers and engineers to ensure fall protection systems and roof top anchors meet the highest level of compliance.
In addition to our Project Managers, our Safety Director brings a new level of awareness in the field for safety. Our Safety Director develops a unique Job Safety Analysis that outlines the nature of our work and how we will be performing the work. Taking into consideration site specific hazards and requests, the plan is outlined in detail. Our Project Managers in conjunction with our Safety Directors then perform Safety inspections on a frequent basis to ensure compliance and provide the opportunity for on-site retraining. We have found that through the consistent and extensive efforts of continual monitoring we not only ensure compliance, but we also foster the necessary communication to continue to cultivate a culture of collaboration. Finally, we believe that safety is everyone’s business, so all of our employees are authorized and required to pause or stop work if they observe an unsafe condition.